Are you an organized and detailed-oriented person? We are searching for a motivated professional with the highest standards of accuracy and precision to serve as our senior manager of accounting. This role will be responsible for accurate data processing and reporting as well as ensuring financial statements are produced on time, with a high degree of accuracy and according to GAAP.
At Advance Financial our mission is to continue to be a leading retailer of financial services in the communities we serve. We are in the business of serving others and we value our employees as our most important asset. Since 1996 we have grown our fintech business to 90+ stores in Tennessee in addition to offering loans in 11 states online! We grow our business by building strong and profitable relationships with our employees and our customers. We are now 1000+ employees strong and growing. Advance with us!
What You’ll Do as a Senior Manager of Accounting:
- Provide leadership to the Accounting team including establishing direction, optimizing workflows, and developing staff.
- Oversee monthly & quarterly close process to ensure the company’s financial statements are produced on time, with a high degree of accuracy, and according to GAAP.
- Serve as the company’s technical accounting subject matter expert by staying abreast of key industry developments in areas such as CECL, Lease Accounting Standards, etc.
- Develop new, more robust quarterly and annual financial reports including MD&A, relevant risk factors, notes, etc.
- Provide insight and direction on financial systems and tools to ensure the company’s financial infrastructure is adequate to support the growth of the business.
- Partner with the Director of Accounting and CFO to manage relationships with external auditors.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- CPA Required 4-8 years of technical accounting experience, preferably in public accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Master’s Degree (MAcc, MBA, etc.) a plus
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Strong analytical skills; ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong listening skills
- Ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals
Perks and Benefits:
- Ground-floor opportunity in a fast-growing organization
- Full comprehensive benefits package
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community
- Team outings
- On-Site Gym
- And much, much, more