Advance Financial is seeking a talented Product Manager to drive best-in-class technology products and process. As a Product Manager, you will help shape the future of our lending products and platforms. Our products are used by many customers across the country every day, and your goal is to help make these products exceptional. To achieve this, you will work across departments to understand our business objectives and opportunities. You will use data to shape strategy, formulate roadmaps that prioritize features, and communicate business requirements while working with engineers to deliver successful solutions.
Founded in 1996, Advance Financial is a leading multi-state fintech company based in Nashville, Tennessee. With more than 100 stores in Tennessee and more than 1,100 employees, the family-owned and operated company is aggressively investing in the expansion of its market presence. In keeping with its vision of a world-class customer experience, Advance Financial is delivering instant lending decisions and brick-and-mortar money services 24/7/365. In 2018, the company was named to the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the country for the seventh year in a row and it is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau. The Nashville Business Journal also named Advance Financial as 2018’s fourth fastest growing company in the Nashville market, and Forbes included the company on its 2018 list of Best Employers for New Graduates. For more information visit https://www.af247.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Being Empowered. Own the vision, roadmap, and success of a product while driving key metrics.
- Learning. Share learnings/ideas with team members to refine products and product process.
- Innovating. Drive impactful changes by starting small, testing, and scaling features/best practices.
- Collaborating. Work closely with team members to build cutting edge products with the latest technologies, negotiate tradeoffs, and build a strong product culture.
- Succeeding strategically. Solve the right problems, build the right solutions, and find ways to invest 20% effort for 80% gain.
- Listen. Gather product feedback from customers, competitors, and other stakeholders (internal and external), conduct market research, and derive insights from usage data.
- Prioritize. Reconcile our strategy, data, and resources to determine which initiatives to drive first
- Plan. Translate product priorities into a roadmap while considering capacity and driving investment in the right areas.
- Design. Collaborate to conceive a clean, thoughtful user experience that involves current UI/UX principles, well-structured experiments and an eye towards getting the most business value efficiently (80/20 rule.)
- Build. Work transparently with technical team members to execute predictably while ensuring products are built in an efficient and extensible manner.
- Track. Proactively manage the incorporation and classification of the right analytics to track whether the product is achieving key metrics.
- Analyze. Review usage data to evaluate product success, extract insights, and evangelize learnings.
- Support. Drive feature rollout, training, and collateral development
- Bachelor’s Degree (engineering/finance/technical disciplines preferred)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in related functions(s) (product/program management, business analysis, financial analysis, strategy, management consulting)
- Usability and customer-focused design experience
- B2C experience in web and mobile products that are sold directly to consumers (ideally in relevant industries such as retail or financial services)
- Preferred: Demonstrated success shipping technology products in a high growth consumer-focused environment with a critical mass of daily users
- Preferred: Startup experience- growth, working through ambiguity
- Interest in new technologies and products
- Data driven mentality and comfort with numbers (intermediate excel skills) and quantitative analyses with a bias to data driven decision-making
- Strong quantitative skills
- Preferred: Ability to source data (basic SQL or python)
- Preferred: Experience with A/B or multivariate testing
- Ability to communicate and present effectively and efficiently, with a proven ability to work across functions and influence senior leaders
- Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills
- Strong cross-functional collaborative skills, particularly in working with technical teams
- Passion for building great products and solving customer and business problems
- Ability to get involved at a tactical level with team members across functions such as operations, marketing, engineering, etc.
Perks and Benefits
- Ground-floor opportunity in a fast-growing organization
- Full comprehensive benefits package
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community
- Team outings
- On-Site Gym
- And much, much, more