Intern – Copywriting
Write for AF247
2-4 Paid Copywriting Internships (May-August)
Immerse yourself in Nashville’s own Advance Financial, the buzzing financial company that Indeed, the world’s biggest job site, just named the 8th best workplace ahead of Apple, AT&T and Starbucks. And Forbes has called one of the best work places for new graduates.
Spend the summer sharpening your copy and strategic communications skills crafting email, direct mail, social media, SEO, public relations, internal initiatives and more.
Go back to school with a portfolio full of real-world writing samples backed by metrics on how each performed.
Our marketing department runs lean. You’ll work side-by-side with senior professionals averaging 17-years real-world experience each. So you’ll have plenty of hands-on opportunities to see, ask and learn first-hand.
We’ve got a great HQ workspace, too, close to 8th Ave and 12 South. Office perks include onsite massage therapist, gym and Friday food trucks to mention a few.
Our ideal candidates will be aspiring writers studying English, journalism, communications or related field. To win one of our spots you need to be detail-oriented with excellent teamwork, organizational, and communications skills.
- Writing short and long-form copy that drives acquisition of new customers and helps retain existing ones
- Optimizing copy for social media, company newsletters, websites, search and more
- Providing editorial support and editing copy for structure and content
- Researching and cataloguing details Tennessee communities and other states
- At least 2 years of secondary education towards a degree in journalism, communications, marketing, English, public relations, or a related field
- Strong writing portfolio with a good sense of proper grammar
- Proficiency with social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter)
- Familiarity with best practices of writing for digital, email and direct mail
- A strong command of the English language, both speaking and writing
- Able to take direction and accept critique
- Attention to detail
- Hungry to learn and grow
Interns need to be available for 40 hours per week (9 am – 5 pm) for an hourly wage of $15.00.Provide a resume and a compelling cover letter with a clear statement on why you would be the perfect person to join our team.
Minimal travel required.