Human Resources Coordinator
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the human resource activities of the Company. This position is responsible for maintaining personnel files, answering questions regarding benefits and policies for employees and for entering all new hires into the HR system. The HR Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the highest level of integrity, professionalism, fairness, and confidentiality in all aspects of job performance.
Founded in 1996, Advance Financial is a leading multi-state fintech company based in Nashville, Tennessee. With more than 100 stores in Tennessee and more than 1,100 employees, the family-owned and operated company is aggressively investing in the expansion of its market presence. In keeping with its vision of a world-class customer experience, Advance Financial is delivering instant lending decisions and brick-and-mortar money services 24/7/365. In 2018, the company was named to the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the country for the seventh year in a row and it is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau. The Nashville Business Journal also named Advance Financial as 2018’s fourth fastest growing company in the Nashville market, and Forbes included the company on its 2018 list of Best Employers for New Graduates. For more information visit https://www.af247.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Explain company personnel guidelines, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- Answer routine inquiries from inside and outside the company on employment verification, benefits, and job openings in line with written company guidelines on these matters.
- Perform monthly maintenance of employee’s PTO balances in line with the Company’s policies.
- Counsel employees on benefit plan provisions.
- Maintain active and terminated employee personnel files, both paper and electronic, in line with company guidelines and government regulations. Retain records in line with company record retention requirements.
- Assist with payroll as requested.
- Answer incoming calls for the HR Department.
- Maintain daily updates on candidate’s pre-employment status with 3rd party vendor.
- Process all new hire paperwork and activities including I-9 verification and administration, onboarding forms, and entry into HRIS.
- Handle applicant travel arrangements under direction of Recruiting Manager.
- Assist applicable new hires with Relocation/Temporary Housing with 3rd party vendors.
- Assist HR Supervisor and HR Manager with projects, as needed.
- Exhibit role model leadership behavior at all times, adhering to policies and procedures of the Company.
- BS in human resources or related field preferred
- PHR preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience in administrative or human resources work
- Experience using HRIS, Dayforce knowledge preferred
- Mastery of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work independently
- Able to manage multiple projects and produce timely and effective results
- Typing skills are required
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to applicants and employees
- Ability to exercise poise, tactfulness and diplomacy in order to handle sensitive and confidential situations
Perks and Benefits
- Ground-floor opportunity in a fast-growing organization
- Full comprehensive benefits package
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community
- Team outings
- On-Site Gym
- And much, much, more