Assistant General Counsel
The Assistant General Counsel will provide comprehensive, hands-on legal counsel to the Company and its management. As part of the Legal Department, this seasoned corporate generalist will provide advice on corporate law matters, business transactions, employee relations, and corporate governance. The position will assist business teams across the Advance Financial family of companies reviewing and negotiating contract documents, governance oversight and engaging/directing external legal counsel. This position reports to the Company’s Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel and is based in the Nashville, TN area.
Founded in 1996, Advance Financial is a leading multi-state fintech company based in Nashville, Tennessee. With more than 100 stores in Tennessee and more than 1,100 employees, the family-owned and operated company is aggressively investing in the expansion of its market presence. In keeping with its vision of a world-class customer experience, Advance Financial is delivering instant lending decisions and brick-and-mortar money services 24/7/365. In 2018, the company was named to the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the country for the seventh year in a row and it is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau. The Nashville Business Journal also named Advance Financial as 2018’s fourth fastest growing company in the Nashville market, and Forbes included the company on its 2018 list of Best Employers for New Graduates. For more information visit https://www.af247.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advises management on commercial and transaction legal matters to ensure smart business and best practices.
- Provides legal guidance and support for all disciplines of Company operations including international operations.
- Spearheads the contract administration process including extensive collaboration with internal business leads, vendor management professionals and external resources and experts, as needed.
- Administers the Company’s corporate insurance program including proactive collaboration with Company’s broker, filing of notices, managing claims and administrating annual policy renewals.
- Identifies potential regulatory and compliance risks and partners with subject matter experts to address.
- Ensures compliance with applicable Company policies and procedures
- Identifies future and/or unmet needs and actively develops strategies and plans for addressing them.
- Juris Doctor required
- Licensed in good standing to practice in TN
- 4 to 8 years of in-house corporate generalist experience (or equivalent working as part of a law firm’s transaction or business groups)
- Proven success in providing legal guidance to complex organizations
- Deeply held commitment to collaborative decision-making
- Experience working with financial services companies or other highly regulated businesses
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated, positive, resourceful, tenacious, and adaptable
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Business oriented, ability to think strategically and establish a “trusted advisor” relationship with internal clients
- Creative and pragmatic thinker, responsive, proactive and passionate
- Ability to manage and work across department lines and third parties, including law firms, regulators and auditors
- Results oriented
- Ability to motivate employees through effective leadership, mentoring, communications, development, facilitation, and evaluatio
- Proficient in the use of the PC an MS Office applications
Perks and Benefits
- Full comprehensive benefits package
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community
- Team outings
- On-Site Gym
- And much, much, more