Accounts Payable Clerk
At Advance Financial our mission is to continue to be a leading retailer of financial services in the communities we serve. We are in the business of serving others and we value our employees as our most important asset. Since 1996 we have grown our fintech business to 90+ stores in Tennessee in addition to offering loans in 11 states online! We grow our business by building strong and profitable relationships with our employees and our customers. We are now 1000+ employees strong and growing. Advance with us!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Obtains proper approval and signatures on all payments.
- Distributes signed checks as required.
- Answers all vendor inquiries.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files.
- Complies with IRS regulations on vendor W-9 documentation and 1099 reporting.
- Assists in monthly financial close.
- Assists in sales and use tax reporting and compliance
- Prepares analysis of accounts as required.
- Maintain and reconcile capital lease accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associates degree in a business-related discipline preferred
- At least 4 years accounts payable experience required
- Microsoft excel basic is required, advanced functional knowledge preferred
- Ability to communicate well with others and maintain a good relationship with vendors
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Manages difficult client/vendor situations, responds promptly to vendor needs, solicits vendor feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
Perks and Benefits
- Ground-floor opportunity in a fast-growing organization
- Full comprehensive benefits package
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community
- Team outings
- On-Site Gym
- And much, much, more