The Senior Accountant is responsible for assisting in preparation of financial statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of the Senior Manager of Accounting. The Senior Accountant will manage the workflow of the accounting staff. The Senior Accountant will provide the Senior Manager of Accounting, Director of Accounting, Finance Teams, and CFO with assistance on all financial-related tasks.
Founded in 1996, Advance Financial is a leading multi-state fintech company based in Nashville, Tennessee. With more than 100 stores in Tennessee and more than 1,100 employees, the family-owned and operated company is aggressively investing in the expansion of its market presence. In keeping with its vision of a world-class customer experience, Advance Financial is delivering instant lending decisions and brick-and-mortar money services 24/7/365. In 2018, the company was named to the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the country for the seventh year in a row and it is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau. The Nashville Business Journal also named Advance Financial as 2018’s fourth fastest growing company in the Nashville market, and Forbes included the company on its 2018 list of Best Employers for New Graduates. For more information visit https://www.af247.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.)
- Responsible for assigned entities include transactional review, journals, variance analysis and reconciliations.
- Manage journal entries, invoices, and reconciliations for the monthly or annual closing.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
- Establish internal control system to prevent inaccuracies in financial statements.
- Perform and/or oversee weekly, monthly and year end accrual and closing process.
- Prepare and/or review account reconciliations and analyses; monitor budget to actual variances.
- Assist in the preparation of annual audit schedules and respond to inquiries for areas of responsibility.
- Assist in annual budget process.
- Judge what a material difference is and communicate that with peers and management.
- Audit and report variances having a direct impact to the business to management.
- Keep up to date on compliance with state and federal laws and license renewals, abandoned property, sales and use tax filings and 1099 reporting.
- Four year college degree in Accounting or Business
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Experience with Netsuite software preferred
- Must have a strong attention to detail
- Must be an effective communicator with both peers and management
- A thorough understanding of our business model, and be able to perform complex reconciliations and make business decisions based on numerous factors
- The ability to be able to work independently, but be able to communicate and ask for information from peers
- Analytical and organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail are required
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple tasks, duties, responsibilities and shifting timelines while meeting deadlines
Perks and Benefits
- Ground-floor opportunity in a fast-growing organization
- Full comprehensive benefits package
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community
- Team outings
- On-Site Gym
- And much, much, more