The Bankruptcy Specialist plays an important role by preparing proof of claims and supporting documents in accordance with bankruptcy regulations. The position works to ensure systems are updated, statuses are communicated, and bankruptcy claims packages are prepared within required timeframes. This position will spearhead the creation of processes and procedures needed to ensure accuracy and efficiencies of bankruptcy related servicing activities as well as ultimately mitigates losses related to bankruptcy customer filings. He or she submits prepared bankruptcy claim packages to Attorneys, tracks and collects on trustee/pay plans, and responds to any inquiries or requests from courts and attorneys.
Founded in 1996, Advance Financial is a leading multi-state fintech company based in Nashville, Tennessee. With more than 100 stores in Tennessee and more than 1,100 employees, the family-owned and operated company is aggressively investing in the expansion of its market presence. In keeping with its vision of a world-class customer experience, Advance Financial is delivering instant lending decisions and brick-and-mortar money services 24/7/365. In 2018, the company was named to the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the country for the seventh year in a row and it is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau. The Nashville Business Journal also named Advance Financial as 2018’s fourth fastest growing company in the Nashville market, and Forbes included the company on its 2018 list of Best Employers for New Graduates. For more information visit https://www.af247.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with all state and federal laws governing the financial services industry
- Meet performance standards for productivity measures
- Enter detailed notes in the system of record related to pertinent actions taken, delays, follow-up actions, and phone conversations.
- Review debtor schedules, plans, and intentions; take action when necessary.
- Service inbound calls from customers for Bankruptcy related matters and upholds complete customer satisfaction delivering a best-in-class service experience in a professional manner to our customers
- Process referrals efficiently and accurately with council for Agreed Orders, Reaffirmation Agreements, Motion for Relief, Plan Objections, Plan Confirmation, Notice of Post-petition Fee, Notice of Final Cure and other Bankruptcy Inquires.
- Receive and audit attorney invoices for accuracy
- Adhere to all corporate policies as well as internal and external and compliance guidelines.
- Participates in on-going learning and development
- Applies bankruptcy payments to accounts with high degree of accuracy
- Processes new bankruptcy notifications, dismissals and discharges
- Willingness to work overtime, as needed
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Minimum High School Education
- College Degree Preferred
- Minimum 3 years Bankruptcy experience
- MS Excel proficiency required
- Working knowledge and familiarity with bankruptcy process (Chapters 7 & 13 primarily) and legal verbiage associated with such
- Must be familiar and proficient with PACER
- Working knowledge of required redaction of PII
- Must be detail oriented
- Must understand and meet the demands of a customer focused call center environment
- Must be dedicated to the work ethic and employment philosophy of an at will employer
- Must work independently, manage multiple projects and produce timely and effective results
- Must be able to perform each essential duty listed above
- Knowledge of/experience with State and Federal Regulations
Perks and Benefits
- Ground-floor opportunity in a fast-growing organization
- Full comprehensive benefits package
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community
- Team outings
- Student Loan Reimbursement Plan
- And much, much, more